If your business is not located in Venango County please click “Counties We Serve” in the menu to find your county.
Pennsylvania Fictitious Name Publishing & Corporation Publishing Requirements for Venango County
In accordance with the requirements of Pennsylvania Law, notice of each new fictitious name or corporation that is registered in the state of Pennsylvania must be published in two newspapers in Venango County of general circulation, one a legal journal, in the county where the principal place of business is located.
If this legal notice is NOT published in Venango County then you are NOT in compliance with the State of Pennsylvania Statute.
Click the following link to read the Pennsylvania Corporation Requirements: Pennsylvania Corporation Requirements
Click the following link to read the Pennsylvania Fictitious Name Requirements: Pennsylvania Fictitious Name Requirements
Registering your business name with the state of Pennsylvania and publishing your business name in approved newspapers are not the same. When you registered your business name on the Pennsylvania Department of State website you certified that you published your business name in two local approved newspapers. If you published your business name in approved newspapers you should have received a notarized affidavit with a copy of the published announcement from each of the newspapers for your records. If you do not have these affidavits then you need to publish your business name in approved newspapers.
Penalty for Not Publishing your Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporation Name in Venango County
If a business fails to comply, the business may not be able to use the courts in Venango County, Pennsylvania to enforce a contract entered into using the business name. The court in Venango County has the option of imposing a $500 penalty in instances where the entity seeks to enforce the contract and subsequently publishes a fictitious name in an untimely manner.
Publishing your Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporation in Venango County can be confusing for business owners
Common problems business owners have when trying to publish their fictitious name in an Venango County, Pennsylvania newspaper
- Most individuals are not familiar with generating a legal notice
- Writing the legal notice takes time that you might not have
- Choosing the correct newspaper in Venango County to place the legal notice in is critical
- Researching how to place the legal notice in a newspaper from Venango County and purchasing/submitting the legal notice in the newspaper takes time that you might not have
Why Choose Us for Publishing your Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporate Name in Venango County
From start to finish we make a complex issue simple. We have a long and well-established relationship with the Venango County newspapers. With the vast number of newspapers in circulation in Venango County our staff knows which newspapers comply with the Pennsylvania statues and will select the appropriate newspaper.
Our Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporation Name Publication Process in Venango County
- We generate a legal notice that meets all the requirements for publishing a fictitious name or corporation in the State of Pennsylvania.
- We submit the legal notice to Venango County newspapers where your principal office is located.
- We obtain the affidavits from the Venango County newspapers that your legal notice has been published.
- The affidavits of publication are mailed to you for your business records and proof of legal compliance with the State of Pennsylvania Statues.
Timeline to Complete Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporate Name Publishing in Venango County
Completion is approximately 4-6 weeks. During this time, we will generate your legal notice, arrange and publish your legal notice in an Venango County newspaper, obtain the affidavit from the newspaper, and mail you the affidavit of publication for your business records.
Pennsylvania Fictitious Name or Corporate Name Publishing Pricing for Venango County
Price is determined by the cost of the newspaper advertisements plus our service fee for preparing the legal notice, submitting it to the newspaper and providing you with the affidavit of publication. The price we provide during the signup section below is all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden fees.