Pennsylvania Corporation and Fictitious Name Publishing Requirements
Per Pennsylvania Statutes, once a Corporation or Fictitious Name has been registered you must publish a notice of intention in two newspapers (one legal and one general newspaper) in the county where your principal office or place of business is located. This must be completed when registering the Corporation or Fictitious Name with the Pennsylvania Department of State.
If this legal notice is NOT published then you are NOT in compliance with the State of Pennsylvania Statute.
Click the following link to read the Pennsylvania Corporation Requirements: Pennsylvania Corporation Requirements
Click the following link to read the Pennsylvania Fictitious Name Requirements: Pennsylvania Fictitious Name Requirements
Penalty for Not Publishing your Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name
Pennsylvania law prohibits entities that are doing business under a fictitious name but have failed to register that name from bringing a lawsuit in the Commonwealth until the name is registered and a $500 civil penalty is paid to the Department of State. 54 Pa.C.S. § 331. Additionally, the effect of failure to advertise when required by law will be that “no legal proceeding, matter, or case in which notice is required to be given by official or legal advertising, shall be binding and effective upon any interested person unless such official and legal advertising is printed and published” in the manner required by law. 45 Pa.C.S. § 307.
Publishing your Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name can be confusing for business owners
Common problems business owners have when trying to publish their corporate or fictitious name in a newspaper
• Most individuals are not familiar with generating a legal notice
• Writing the legal notice takes time that you might not have
• Choosing the correct newspapers to place the legal notice in is critical
• Researching how to place the legal notice in a newspaper and purchasing/submitting the legal notice in the newspapers takes time that you might not have
Why Choose Us for your Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name Publishing
From start to finish we make a complex issue simple. We have a long and well-established relationship with local county newspapers throughout the State of Pennsylvania. Due to our large volume of fictitious name publishing, these newspapers give us additional discounts not available to the individual. We can then pass along these savings to you. With the vast number of newspapers in circulation our staff knows which newspapers comply with the Pennsylvania statue and will select the appropriate newspaper based on the county of your business.
Our Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name Publishing Process
• We generate a legal notice that meets all the requirements for publishing a fictitious name in the State of Pennsylvania.
• We submit the legal notice to a legal and general newspaper in the Pennsylvania county were your principal office is located.
• We obtain an affidavit from each newspaper that your legal notice has been published.
• The affidavit of publication is mailed to you for your business records and proof of legal compliance with the State of Pennsylvania Statue.
Timeline to Complete Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name Publishing in Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name Publishing
Completion is approximately 5-6 weeks. During this time, we will generate your legal notice, arrange and publish your legal notice in a newspaper in the county of your principal office, obtain the affidavit from the newspaper, and mail you the affidavit of publication for your business records.
Pennsylvania Corporation or Fictitious Name Publishing Pricing
Price is determined by the cost of the newspaper advertisements plus our service fee for preparing the legal notice, submitting it to the newspaper and providing you with the affidavit of publication. The price we provide in the order form is all inclusive and there are no additional or hidden fees.